Kilimanjaro Packing List
- In general, pack lightly. Leave room for gifts and souvenirs. Soft sided luggage packs more easily into the safari vehicle.
- Always carry passport, airline tickets and money on your person. A fanny pack or moneybag that hangs around the neck works well. In case luggage doesn’t arrive the same day you do, put enough clothing and supplies for the first day in your carry-on luggage.
- If taking a domestic flight luggage weight restrictions range between 15-20 kg (33-44 lbs) total per person.
- If climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro or Mt. Meru, additional supplies will be needed. Please refer to the Kilimanjaro Packing List.
Mountain Park list
- SLEEPING BAG.
- SLEEPING MAT.
- REIN JACKET,PONCHO,SKIY PANTS,2 LONG THERMO UNDERWERE,SOCKS,3 WARM TSHERT
- 2 FLEECE JACKET,SKIY JACKET,HIKING PANTS,DAY PARK.3 BOTTLE or CAMEL BAG,HIKING BOOT.
- HEAD LUMP,BALACLAVA,WINTER HUT ,SUNNY HUT,SUN LOTION,FIRST AID KIT.HIKING POLES.WATER PRIFICATION TABLET.POWER BANK FOR CHARGE
- YOUR CARMERA AND PHONE,COPY OF PASSPORT.
- Sturdy, comfortable shoes, preferably waterproof. They will get dirty.
- Tennis shoes or sandals for lounging in the evening
- Comfortable, breathable socks
- Shorts, mid-thigh or longer
- Lightweight, breathable pants
- Short sleeved shirts, cool and breathable (neutral colors are best, avoid black, dark blue and bright red)
- Bathing suit if staying at a lodge with a swimming pool or if visiting Zanzibar
- Long-sleeved shirt or sweater for evenings
- Rain jacket or rain poncho
- Women: Lightweight dress/skirt that covers knees (for visiting villages), shoulders should be covered also in the village.
- Men: shortsleeve shirts with collars (for visiting villages or evening dining at the lodges).
- Keep valuable jewelry to a minimum
Note: Laundry service is available at most lodges either at a nominal cost or free of charge in some cases.
- Day pack, for you to carry
- Large waterproof duffel bag or backpack
- Sun hat
- Maps, guidebooks
- Scarf (for dust and/or sun)
- Binoculars (2 pair are standard in each vehicle - Nikon Monarch 8x36)
- Money (small Tanzanian bills and/or small US bills for small purchases and tips. Larger US bills and/or travelers checks for bigger purchases)
- Journal/notebook, pencil and pen
- Pocket knife tips
- Electricity adapter
- Energy bars and snacks
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Playing cards, games, books, Frisbee
- Camera, film (film is available but expensive), minitripod
- Mementos for guides and other travelers
- Personal music device
- Passport (with visa stamp or completed visa application with $50 or $100 US cash, exact change)
- Yellow fever certificate (REQUIRED if traveling from or through an endemic zone - refer to Medical Tips)
- Medical and Travel Insurance
- Address book