Kilimanjaro Mountain Guides & Tips
You can expect the following from our Kilimanjaro guide:
- High Safety Standards - Your guide can identify and avoid potential hazards such as slippery trails and loose rocks. Your guide can prevent, recognize and treat altitude-related illnesses.
- Climbs Knowledge - Kilimanjaro trails are clearly marked, so following a trail should not pose a problem. But there are more intricate things that your guide will take into consideration when deciding when, where, and how to move the party. These things include weather conditions, trail density, rest stops, pace, etc.
- Mountain Facts - Your guide is knowledgeable about general mountain facts. He can tell you about the climate zones, the altitudes of and distances to campsites, and information about the geology, flora and fauna. These types of facts increase the enjoyment during the trek by giving you an idea of what you are seeing and feeling.
- Our Kilimanjaro guides love working with us because we book small, private parties on the best routes.
- Our porters take care of you. So we take care of them.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
What’s included in the price… and what’s not
We are sure that you’ll find our prices very reasonable. Please note that they are not the absolute cheapest: our policy towards the welfare of porters and our dedication to a high standard of service means that our prices will never be rock bottom. Nevertheless, a brief search of the Internet will hopefully convince you that our prices are amongst the best value on the mountain.
Kilimanjaro Climbs Include
- Transfers to/from Kilimanjaro International or Arusha airports
- Two nights in a hotel on B&B basis (usually, one before the trek and one after).
- Transfers to/from the mountain at the start/end of the trek
- All park, camping and rescue fees and permits whilst on the mountain
- All camping equipment (save for those items specified below),
- All meals and filtered water while on the mountain
- Wages of guide/assistant guides, cooks and porters
- Portable altitude chamber included on Crater Camp treks
- - All park entrance, camping, lodge and administrative fees while on safari
- - All meals and bottled drinking water
- - 4WD transportation while on safari
- - Staff salaries and fees
- - Transfer to/from Arusha/Moshi
- - Hotels in Arusha where noted
- - Camping safaris include sleeping tents, sleeping mattresses & pillows, tables & chairs (shower and toilet tents available on some itineraries)
- International Flights
- Hire of clothing
- Trekking poles
- Head-torches and sleeping bags for the mountain
- Food and drink away from the mountain (except for those meals that are part of your B&B booking at your hotel)
- Tips/gratuities for your mountain crew
- Side trips/extensions to your trip, such as excursions to Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Zanzibar etc.